The Shure SM7B is a large diaphragm, dynamic microphone that is great on every source. With the classic cardioid polar pattern, and nearly flat frequency response, SM7 series microphones have been a top choice for rock vocals, broadcasting, electric guitar cabinets, and drums, for decades.
The SM7B includes a custom yoke shock mount and captive stand nut, allowing easy installation in any broadcast or studio environment. The standard A7WS windscreen now ships with SM7B, and is removable for a more intimate recording. A close-talk windscreen is also included for broadcast or voice over.
The SM7B is built tough, but has a thin, flexible diaphragm, and three times as many turns of wire on its voice coil than the SM57/SM58, providing a very wide-range frequency response of 50 Hz - 20 kHz. Independent high pass filter, and mid-range/presence boost switches, allow you to customize the SM7B for any style of recording. With improved shielding, and air suspension shock isolation, you can easily prevent unwanted noise of electromagnetic hum from neon lighting, computer monitors, phone chargers, or other electrical devices in your recording space. SM7B is a mic locker staple in nearly every broadcast facility and recording studio around the world.
- Flat, wide-range frequency response of 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- High Pass Filter and Presence Boost switches
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum
- Internal "air suspension" shock isolation eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective A7WS windscreen
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting, provides precise
- control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
- Replacement cartridge: RPM106