Packing the iconic sound of a classic VCA bus compressor, the WesAudio DIONE module puts an analog compressor with digital recall in your 500 series rack. And while the signal path is 100% analog, DIONE offers full control and automation from your DAW — the perfect combination of analog and digital technologies. With compression ratios ranging from 1.5:1 to 10:1, this module is perfect for gluing stereo mixes, smashing drum overheads, creating a rock-solid wall of bass, and much more. Complete with a Mix knob for parallel compression techniques, plus selectable side chain filters for fine-tuning the compressor's responsiveness, the WesAudio DIONE module is a flexible mix-bus tool for any music studio.
Stellar sound quality with selectable harmonic distortion
The all-analog DIONE compressor module boasts a generous +24dBu of headroom — no sonic compromises here. And if you want to add a little something special to your audio on the way through, switch on DIONE's THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) mode. With selectable Med and High modes, THD saturates your signal for added harmonic complexity.
Side-chain filters help prevent excessive compression
The DIONE compressor offers three switchable highpass filters, extremely useful for preventing bass frequencies from triggering too much compression. Mix engineers at Sweetwater especially like this when using DIONE for stereo applications like drum overheads — the side-chain filter allows the sharp snare and cymbal sounds to trigger compression, while preventing the kick drum from overly-triggering the compressor and crushing everything. There are also two special "tilt" filters with unique curves — with all these filter options, you'll be able to ensure loud bass hits don't cause your mix to implode.
WesAudio DIONE 500 Series VCA Bus Compressor 500 Series Module Features:
- All-analog signal path with +24dBu of headroom for stellar sound quality
- Mix knob makes parallel compression techniques simple
- Switchable THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) adds analog saturation to your signal
- Switchable side chain filters for fine-tuning how the compressor reacts to bass frequencies
- Four switchable ratio settings range from gentle to heavy compression
- Compatible with any WesAudio NG500 chassis and many standard 500 series racks
- Full session recall and support for DAW automation when loaded in an NG500-compatible chassis like TITAN, or via USB connection
- 3 touch-sensitive encoders (Threshold, Mix, Make Up) allow you to draw automation into your DAW
- True bypass completely removes the circuit from your signal path