The TransY compressor/limiter features a discrete, low noise transistor audio path using a Field Effect Transistor for level control producing incredible detail. The unique feed forward detector topology and the servo FET drive circuitry provide a new level of flexibility and tone. The unit can be set to control audio levels from smooth and unobtrusive to full-blown deep sustain.
From the Active balanced input to the transformer-coupled output, the TransY abounds with easily adjustable reliable, repeatable functions due to the attention to detail in the design. The TransY adapts to a multitude of applications with its’ +4/-10 level switch. A wide range of adjustments are available through the front panel controls always producing a musical result. Even the universal power supply adapts to line voltages allowing you to tour the world or connect to portable power sources without interruption.
Apply the TransY as your secret weapon from playing out live to recording and mastering. The TransY can handle whatever you throw at it producing a professional result. Master your unique sound with the TransY.
- Low noise, low THD discrete transistor audio path for incredibly detailed sound
- Unique servo controlled FET gain reduction circuit
- Rotary Slope switches provide reliable, repeatable results
- De-esser reduces sibilance when compressing vocals
- Detector loop with separate input and output jacks allows contoured compression
- 10-segment peak sensitive Level meter can monitor either the Input or output
- High resolution LED Gain Reduction
- Custom Output Transformer reduces ground noise and maintains level for balance/unbalanced connections
- Hardwire bypass simplifies troubleshooting, even when power is lost
- +4/-10 I/O switch optimizes the S/N and operation with a wide range of equipment
- Link for stereo mode makes all CH1 controls the Master
- Universal External supply with locking connector reduces noise and provides uninterrupted operation over a wide range of line voltages
- Rugged, reliable steel chassis shields the preamp from external noise
- 3-year parts and labor warranty
|Equivalent Input Noise||-90dBu/ -102dBu “C” wtd. (+4/-10)|
|Input Impedance||Balanced Input: 33kΩ
Detector Input: 2M Ω
|Output Impedance||Balanced, +4/-10: 110 Ω
Detector Output: 270 Ω
|Maximum Input Level||Balanced, +4/-10: +21dBu / +9dBu
Detector Input: +20dBu
|Maximum Output Level||Balanced, +4/-10: +21dBu / +9 dBu
|Frequency Response||15-100kHz (+/- 0.5dB)|
|De-Esser||0 to -16dB @6kHz|
|Attack Time||0.5 mSec. to 100 mSec.|
|Release Time||50mSec. to 3 Sec.|
|Slope||1.2:1 to ∞:1, selectable in 12 steps|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||<0.05% (typical) 20-20kHz|
|Power Requirements||Input Requirements: USA – 85 to 250 VAC / 50-60 Hz
Export units configured for country of destination.
Output Requirements: 48 V dc, 10 Watts
|Chassis||Steel, Painted finish|
|Dimensions||1.75″H x 19″W x 9.5″D (44mm x 483mm x 241mm)|
|Weight||7.95 lbs (3.62 kg)|
|Notes||With the locking power supply plug connected, the depth increases to 11.6-inch (295mm) total
0 dBu = 0.775 VRMS
ART maintains a policy of constant product improvement. Therefore, specifications are subject to change without notice.