The Avid Pro Tools Dock is based on the advanced touchscreen workflows on the Master Touch Module of the award-winning Pro Tools | S6. Both systems demonstrate the philosophy that mixers need the best of physical faders, knobs, and switches in conjunction with touchscreen technology for things like fast navigation, metering, and on-screen plug-in control – a true hybrid approach. And, when the Dock is paired with Pro Tools | S3, you gain complimentary and enhanced functionality with the dedicated automation switches, transport controls, weighted aluminum jog wheel, color-coded Soft Key switches, and more. Mixing deadlines have met their match!
The Dock’s eight soft knobs can be used to control parameters like EQ, Dynamics, Panning, and Sends on the Attentioned (focused) channel – a la the S6 Master Touch Module. ‘Attentioning’ a track is as easy as touching the track tile on the screen and it brings it to the fader. This new ‘super’ Channel view on Pro Tools | Control is unlocked while using the Dock or S3.
The two rows of LED color-coded buttons on the Dock right below the screen change colors and map to the Soft Keys in the smaller view on your iPad – lining up directly underneath the matching soft button onscreen.
Avid Pro Tools | Dock Features:
- Extends the functionality of the FREE Pro Tools | Control iOS app
- Provides a mix of a touchscreen and knobs, switches, and faders
- Includes transport controls and an aluminum jog wheel
- Dedicated automation controls, 16 soft keys, and 2 programmable touch strips
- Channel fader provides tactile control over your mix
- EUCON-mappable monitor control
- 8 soft knobs that work with the Pro Tools | Control iPad app much like an S6 master touch module
- S6-like channel view for editing inserts, sends, pans, and more
- Also works with Logic Pro X, Cubase, and other EUCON-enabled DAWs
- Automatically switches its controls to the application in focus on your computer
- iPAD is sold separately.