Pro Tools is the industry-standard software production platform; however, if you want to use what major recording studios and broadcast-grade video post-production houses are using, you need to step up to Pro Tools | Ultimate. In addition to the standard Pro Tools features, you get up to 384 audio tracks (50% more than previous versions), as well as 7.1 surround, Atmos, and Ambisonics support, advanced editing functions, superior delay compensation, and expanded video implementation. In addition to that, you get support for advanced S6 features like waveform views, breakpoint automation views, and higher-level automation features. Complete with MacOS Mojave support, Pro Tools | Ultimate is the most state-of-the-art professional recording system on the planet.
TOOLS FOR PROFESSIONAL AUDIO ENGINEERS
Pro Tools | Ultimate has everything you need to get from the first note to the final mix. Speed up your recording workflow with efficient features like loop recording and track playlists. Craft a flawless performance from multiple takes using the intuitive track comp feature. Overdub tracks with ease using the punch-record feature.
Transform tracks with flexibility and precision using advanced editing tools. Trim clips, replace regions, and create automation in seconds. Tighten up performances and correct timing mistakes with Elastic Time, or correct out of tune notes with Elastic Pitch.
Seamlessly integrate any EUCON-enabled control surface for total tactile control. Speed up recording, editing, and mixing tasks with access to tracks, plug-ins, and automation control right from the surface.
Pro Tools | Ultimate is packed with a wide range of virtual instruments for getting your creative juices flowing. Drop a beat with the built-in drum machine. Browse through 2 GB of high-quality loops, samples, and sound effects to find the perfect sound. Choose from bass, guitar, horns, strings, piano and more. Or create your own sounds with the sampler—the possibilities are endless.
Lay down an inspired performance with your favorite MIDI controller, and polish it to perfection using the comprehensive MIDI editor. Adjust notes, layer sounds, swap out instruments, tweak dynamics and more.
With Avid Cloud Collaboration, you can work with up to 10 collaborators as if they’re in the same room as you. Connect online with an extensive network of media professionals in the Avid Artist Community, where you can share your mixes and promote your skills.
Pro Tools | Ultimate is equipped with everything you need to create immersive video productions. SeHD video, write scores, and mix soundtracks right in the Pro Tools timeline.
From simple mono and stereo music projects to full scale 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound films—Pro Tools | Ultimate can do it all. Create immersive Dolby Atmos and Ambisonics productions from start to finish. Pro Tools | Ultimate is even capable of producing 3D audio content for virtual reality.
With support for 64 tracks of video, Pro Tools | Ultimate is tailor-made for all things post-production; from dialog replacement to Foley to sound design. Trim clips and nudge video frames for precision placement. Quickly adjust gain levels using Clip Gain. Or use Clip Effects to apply signal processing to single clips, saving you precious CPU-power.
Avid Pro Tools | Ultimate Features:
- Industry-standard digital audio workstation (DAW) software for Mac and PC
- Interact with and make updates to tracks and timeline selections during playback without interruption
- Supports Ambisonics full-sphere surround sound — perfect for video game design and VR Audio
- Supports up to 1,024 MIDI tracks — that’s double that of earlier versions
- MIDI Input Display shows notes and chords as you play them on a MIDI controller
- MIDI merge enhancements include seamless merging of newly performed and existing MIDI CC automation
- MIDI clips turn red during recording, blurring the distinction between MIDI and audio
- Use the left and right arrow keys to move to the next or previous MIDI note for super-fast MIDI editing
- Name field in the New Track dialog makes naming tracks faster than ever
- Scroll to Track allows you to identify a track by name and scroll to it
- Batch Rename command for Tracks and Clips
- 64-bit architecture unlocks serious processing power and massive session handling
- Powerful audio engine provides superior memory management
- Complete Dolby Atmos integration for mixing object-based audio
- Apply nondestructive EQ, filtering, and dynamics processing with clip-based effects
- Use Pro Tools | HDX in any punch mode, and it will calibrate and time-align your stems
- Track Commit and Track Freeze free up system resources during intense sessions
- Improved waveform visualization powers you through big projects
- Layered Editing prevents you from losing overlapped clips while editing
- Real-time fade manipulation for creating quick crossfades
- Send fully overlapped clips to a or existing playlist while editing and/or while recording
- Grid Toggle function makes flipping between Grid and Slip modes easy
- Tandem Trimming enables trimming the start and end of two adjacent clips simultaneously
- Clip Overwrite Indicator alerts you when you move an audio clip so that it fully overlaps a smaller off-screen clip
- Soundbase uses tags to make locating audio files and loops easy
- Faster-than-real-time bounce to disk streamlines your workflow and frees up resources
- Unified Media Engine natively supports multiple HD video formats
- Smooth collaboration with Avid Media Composer and other media-production workflows
- Workspace Browser makes project navigation extremely fast and incredibly simple
- Simple keyboard commands let you quickly disable and enable sends and inserts
- Capture automation while recording audio
- Utilize up to 384 tracks with the software alone (50% more than previous versions) and up to 1,152 voices by adding native voice packs or HDX cards
- Take advantage of over 60 bundled 64-bit plug-in processors, effects, and virtual instruments
- Automatic delay compensation provides tight mixing with minimal phase issues
- Multitrack Beat Detective and Elastic Audio let you correct timing across all your tracks
- Score Editor and MIDI Editor provide comprehensive composing capabilities
- Mix various audio file types and formats in a single session without format conversion
- Create flawless performances using simple track compositing functions
- Clip Gain provides dynamic volume flexibility and increases integration with Media Composer
- Mute and Solo visual indicators and Bus Interrogation provide a clear view of signal flow
- Full support for Artist Series and other EUCON-equipped control surfaces
- Low-latency monitoring with Core Audio and ASIO hardware delivers smoother tracking
- Read/record from flash drives, RAID systems, network-attached drives, and server storage
- Functions such as Export Selected Tracks as Session make collaboration easy
- OMF/AAF/MXF interchange support included
- Export support for MP3 files, iTunes, and SoundCloud also included
- Full time code support with feet and frames rulers and 24-hour timeline support
- Mix in everything from mono to 7.1 surround sound
- Avid Cloud Collaboration and the Avid Marketplace let you connect and collaborate
- 1 year of software updates, ExpertPlus Support, Avid's Complete Plug-in Bundle, HEAT, and MachineControl