Elektron’s Model:Cycles is a 6-track groovebox based on digital FM (Frequency Modulation) synthesis. Under the hood of Model:Cycles are six sound engines (“Machines”) that bear little in common with traditional 6-operator FM synthesizers. And unlike vintage FM synths, Model:Cycles is easy to use, underpinned by an architecture that’s clearly laid out with an intuitive control set that facilitates and encourages exploration and extensive sound sculpting. With Model:Cycles, you can easily morph melodies and rhythm using immediate, hands-on controls.
Six track FM based groovebox
Scale angles dense and jagged, glide over plains vast and fluid, or sink into mists of dissonance. To model is to shape the formless. Model:Cycles is a six track FM based groovebox that brings exploring into the heart of sound sculpting.
With six unique Machines in one lightweight unit you can effortlessly mold rhythm and melody across the digital spectrum using instant, tactile controls. Exploration made attainable.
Define the formless
The six Machines of the digital FM engine are unique to Model:Cycles, and cover both percussive and melodic synths, allowing you to make full, varied compositions. The four core Synth Controls put the tools of sound sculpting right in front of you, altering the behavior of each Machine differently and letting you push them to the limit. Every sound has a start, where will you take it?
Dedicated × 12
Dedicated knobs let you twist each Machine far and wide with wild, unexpected results waiting to be discovered. Use Control All to heave a parameter to the extreme and back again across every track. Elektron’s powerful sequencer gives you the freedom to record every move live or program the sounds and parameters of your composition one step at a time.
Light weight, heavy sound
Whether you use it as a versatile live instrument or groovebox on the go to pick up and craft full-blown compositions away from your studio, exploration has rarely felt so convenient and unimpeded.
Elektron Model:Cycles 6-track FM-based Groovebox Features:
- 6 Audio tracks (may also be used as MIDI tracks)
- 6 Velocity-sensitive pads
- 6 FM-based Machine engines
- 4 Machine specific controls
- 96 Projects
- 96 Patterns per Project
- 1 Assignable LFO per track
- Delay and reverb send FX
- Elektron sequencer up to 64 steps with unique length and scale settings per track
- Real-time or grid recording of notes and parameters
- Storage space for up to 60,000 presets
- Class compliant USB audio 2.0
- 1 x 1/4″ Headphones output
- 2 x 1/4″ Balanced main outputs
- 1 High-speed USB 2.0 Micro B port
- 1 x 3.5 mm standard audio TRS for MIDI In
- 1 x 3.5 mm standard audio TRS for MIDI Out/Thru
- 2 slots for attaching Power Handle BP-1 (battery pack to be released at a later date)
- Included Power Supply PSU-4, Micro USB Cable USB-2, 2 MIDI adapters (5-pin DIN to 3.5mm TRS)