Elektron's premier performance sampler and sequencer is better than ever with the Octatrack MKII. It still packs everything you need at the heart of your electronic music rig, including eight stereo audio tracks, eight dedicated MIDI tracks, real-time sample stretching and pitch shifting, and Elektron's world-famous sequencer. This second-generation Octatrack adds performance-focused features such as rugged backlit buttons, precision hi-res encoders, the smoothest crossfader you've ever used, more dedicated function buttons, balanced audio inputs for higher headroom, and a highly visible OLED screen. Much more than just a sampler and sequencer, the Elektron Octatrack MKII is a powerful control center for electronic music production.
8 track dynamic performance sampler
With the Octatrack MKII, discovering the perfect sample is only the beginning. Twist it, dismantle it, distort it, and carve it into something uniquely yours.
The new black Octatrack MKII is now shipping from our webshop. This version comes with a black casing and refreshed print design. The original grey MKII remains available, giving you Octa options when setting up your studio.
More than a sampler
The Octatrack MKII redefines how you transform your sounds, as well as how you interact and play with them.
This sorcerer’s box brings enormous sample processing ability to the table, offering deep and radical manipulation of samples and loops in both rapid and improvisational live performance, and meticulous composition.
Sampling is the inception
Record samples in real time via any of the Octatrack’s varied source options. Connect directly to the four inputs, resample an internal track, or pull on the main and cue channels.
Then trim, time-stretch, and pitch-shift your audio nuggets into the perfectly sized loops, one shots, or slices for your composition. And do it all live.
Audio mutate | Audio mutilate.
The powerful crossfader adds immense depth of control. Choose how you want it to affect your samples. Then decide how you want to wield it. Set up assignable scenes to each side of the crossfader. Toggle between them, or morph from A to B.
Nudge gently for subtle, natural-sounding transitions or knock it back and forth for extreme, unexpected changes.
Colossal sound sculpting
The Octrack MKII is a machine with enormous sound design capabilities. With three LFOs available for each track, as well as a LFO designer, there are deeply customizable wave-weaving possibilities at your disposal.
You can also assign two insert effects per audio track, offering a vast selection of reverbs, filters, phasers, and plenty more to play with. Utter audio manipulation has rarely been so varied or so much fun.
Pillar of performance
The Octatrack MKII can be treated as a small mixing desk for your whole setup, making use of the unit’s configurable two stereo inputs, and main, cue, and headphone outputs. Then connect external MIDI gear and let the machine orchestrate proceedings via dedicated tracks. The immediate control makes all the difference.
And with the game-changing Elektron sequencer, you can lay your ideas out with absolute control and ambition unlocking depth. Command both internal sounds and external gear with the same level of razor-sharp precision.
The machine is eternal
Since its first appearance, over a decade ago, the Octatrack has been mangling its way into the hearts and minds of live performers and audiences across the globe. Its dynamic sampling powers have turned it into an industry standard across a wide variety of genres, changing the way gear setups look and giving artists the power to perform live in the truest sense of the word. More than ever, this is a machine to set your imagination free.
The Octatrack MKII comes packed with grade-A factory content. Nearly 5 GB of loops and one-shots by Origin Sound, Loopmasters, Sample Magic, and Samples from Mars ensures creativity right out of the box. Have a listen on SoundCloud.
Elektron Octatrack MKII 8-track Sampler/Sequencer Features:
- OLED screen for exceptional visibility
- Rugged backlit buttons, rated for 50 million presses
- Ultra-smooth contactless crossfader for precise performance control
- Hi-res precision encoders
- Even more dedicated buttons compared to the previous generation, for a faster and more efficient workflow
- 8 stereo audio tracks
- 8 dedicated MIDI tracks
- Balanced audio inputs for stereo sampling
- Onboard 16-track sequencer (8 internal, 8 MIDI)
- Real-time pitch shifting and time stretch
- Playback Modes: Slice, Slots, Chromatic, Delay Ctrl, and Quick Mute
- Assignable Crossfader
- Allows straightforward recording of samples on the fly
- Loops are treated with complete elasticity:
- Remaining in sync when pitch- or tempo-shifted
- Single sounds can be molded into virtually any shape
- Compact flash card for massive library storage
- USB 2.0 port for rapid file transfer
- Fully compatible with Octatrack MKI projects and data
Audio track features (×8)
- 1 × Specialized machine
- 1 × Track recorder
- 1 × Amplitude envelope
- 3 × LFOs
- 2 × User selectable track effects
MIDI track features (×8)
- 1 × Arpeggiator
- 3 × LFOs
- 10 × configurable CCs
- 8 × Audio tracks
- 8 × MIDI tracks
- Up to 64 steps per pattern
- Individual track lengths
- Individual track time signatures
- Chromatic, slice, slot, and delay freeze modes
- Parameter locks
- Trig conditions
- Tempo Per Pattern
- Trig Preview
- Sample-per-step change
- Micro timing
- Retrig functionality
- Swing and slide
- Full real-time control
- CompactFlash card storage
- Amount of Projects dependent on CF card size
- 80 MB Flex RAM per project
- Static sample streaming from CF card
- 256 patterns per Project
- 256 sample slots per Project
- 8 Arrangements per Project
- 12/24dB multi mode filter
- 2-band parametric EQ
- DJ-style kill EQ
- 2-10 stage phaser
- 2-5 tap chorus
- Comb filter
- Lo-Fi (SRR, BR, Dist and AM)
- Echo freeze delay
- Gatebox plate reverb
- Spring reverb
- Dark reverb
- 128 × 64 pixel OLED screen
- MIDI In/Out/Thru
- 2 × 1/4” impedance balanced main audio out jacks
- 2 × 1/4” impedance balanced cue audio out jacks
- 4 × 1/4” balanced/unbalanced external input jacks
- 1 × 1/4” stereo headphone jack
- 44.1 kHz, 24-bit D/A and A/D converters
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 port
- Power inlet: Center positive 5.5 × 2.5 mm barrel jack, 12 V DC, 2 A
Balanced audio outputs
- Main outputs level: +17 dBu peak
- Output impedance: 440 Ω unbalanced
- Digital S/N ratio: 104 dB (20–20,000 Hz)
- Headphones out level: +17 dBu peak
- Output impedance: 55 Ω
Balanced audio inputs
- Input level: +17 dBu peak
- Audio input impedance: 21 kΩ
- Digital S/N ratio: 106 dB (20–20,000 Hz)
- Unit power consumption: 7 W typical
- Compatible Elektron power supply: PSU-3c & PSU-3b
- Sturdy steel casing
- Dimensions: W 340 × D 184 × H 63 mm (13.3” × 7.2” × 2.5”) (including knobs, jacks, and rubber feet)
- Weight: approximately 2.3 kg (5 lbs)
- Maximum recommended ambient operating temperature: +40˚C (+104˚F)
- 4.9 GB of high-quality samples on the CF card
- 3 year Elektron warranty
Included in the box
- 32 GB high speed CompactFlash card
- Power Supply PSU-3c
- Elektron USB cable
- Quick Guide