The Avid S1 Control Surface is a compact control surface that offers in-depth hands-on control of your favorite audio and video software. Based on the best-selling Avid S3, the S1 delivers the same intuitive interface and rich visual feedback in a streamlined package. Ideal for producers, engineers and sound designers, the S1 offers everything you need to accelerate your workflow and deliver great mixes more quickly than ever.
YOUR MIX AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Don’t let its compact footprint fool you, the S1 is packed with powerful mixing tools to help you achieve big sounds on small budgets. Equipped with motorized faders, touch-sensitive knobs and customizable soft keys capable of performing complex tasks with a single press, the S1 gives you total tactile control over your music, audio post production or video project.
S1 lets you mute and solo tracks, edit plug-ins, route audio signals and write automation with unprecedented speed and precision so you can spend less time clicking and more time creating. The easy-access touchscreen supports VCA spill and monitor control, giving you total hands-on control of every aspect of your session. Tracks View lets you instantly jump to any track, while Mix View lets you swipe through multiple channels at once. And with support for custom layouts, you can personalize S1 to suit any workflow.
WORKS WITH ANY SOFTWARE
Powered by EUCON, Avid’s high-speed Ethernet control protocol, S1 leaves traditional MIDI control surfaces in its dust. S1 offers full touch controls for Pro Tools and Media Composer, plus native support for third-party audio and video applications, including Logic Pro, Cubase, Premiere Pro, and more. You can even toggle between multiple applications at the touch of a button—perfect for complex post production projects. Need more control? Connect multiple S1 units together to tackle large mix sessions.
ADVANCED MONITORING CAPABILITIES
S1 offers the same flexible monitoring controls as the S6 in compact package that fits neatly between your monitor and your keyboard. Quickly assign and control talkback, listenback, and speaker sources and levels right from the surface. And with high-res metering for gain reduction, automation status, EQ, dynamics, and panning graphs, S1 offers extensive insight into your project so you can make more informed mix decisions. Expand your monitoring capabilities even further with the free Pro Tools | Control app for iPad, which offers S6-style metering and processing views.
Avid S1 Control Surface Features:
- 8-fader unit with touch-sensitive motorized faders, touch-sensitive knobs, and touchscreen-integrated keys
- Connect multiple units together or add an optional Pro Tools | Dock to create a single extended, integrated surface with a jog wheel, transport controls, focus fader, and more
- Automation LEDs, track color switches
- Compatible with the free Pro Tools | Control app for iOS and Android
- High-resolution OLED displays
- High-res metering, including gain reduction, 9.1 surround support, automation status, EQ, dynamics, and panning graphs
- High-speed EuCon Ethernet protocol
- Deep integration with Pro Tools and Media Composer, plus native support for 3rd-party audio and video applications
- Also compatible with other DAWs, including Cubase, Logic Pro, Premiere Pro, and more