The WesAudio Prometheus is a 500 Series stereo/dual-mono/mid–side 2-band passive analog EQ with +24dBu of headroom. Prometheus delivers warm, classic Pultec-style sonics along with digital recall that gives you complete control via its companion plug-in. Connectivity to your computer is handled via a front-panel USB port — or by a special rear-panel connector — that allows it to communicate with its free companion plug-in for complete control and automation within your DAW. A member of the company's ng500 product line, Prometheus features a special connector (an extension of the standard connector found on all 500 Series modules), that allows it to mate with WesAudio's _TITAN ng500 Recall Chassis. It also works in most standard 500 Series racks. Aside from its total recall capabilities, Prometheus offers extensive flexibility for sculpting your sound.
Classic passive sound-shaping mojo
Prometheus offers two bands of classic passive equalization with a Pultec-style twist that lets you both boost and cut in an overlapping range of upper-mid and high frequencies. The faceplate is fitted with six touch-sensitive encoders allowing for automation of each parameter within your DAW. Prometheus features proprietary analog circuit control that eliminates glitches and artifacts due to encoder movement, allowing for full automation without unwelcome side effects. LF Boost/Cut is selectable between 20, 30, 60, 100, 120, and 250Hz. HF Boost is selectable between 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, and 16kHz and offers a variable Bandwidth encoder. HF Cut is selectable between 4, 8, 12, and 20kHz. A post-EQ Output encoder is provided. The Boost and Cut controls are also rotary encoders.
If the feature set ended there, Prometheus would still be a formidable studio tool. But the innovations continue with a THD control, switchable between Medium and High settings, that warms up your signal with tasty vintage-flavored even-order harmonics, A/B presets for easy wet/dry signal comparisons, and more. And here's where Prometheus really breaks away from the pack, offering full control and automation via its free companion plug-in, with connection to your computer handled by a front-panel USB jack, or via WesAudio's _TITAN ng500 Recall Chassis.
Total recall with ng500
WesAudio, a company masterminded by Radoslaw Wesolowski and headquartered in Poland, is spearheading an initiative they call ng500. The "ng" stands for next-generation. The company's ng500 product line starts with 500 Series modules that have a special connector, an extension of the standard connector found on all 500 Series modules. The extra pins on the extended connector mate with receiver connectors in WesAudio's _TITAN ng500 Recall Chassis. On its rear panel, the _TITAN is fitted with a USB jack for connection to your computer, as well as Ethernet for networked setups. All ng500-compatible modules in the rack will be able to communicate with your computer via a single data cable. Each module includes free downloadable software that appears in your DAW session as a standard plug-in and lets you control your analog hardware with software precision. Every setting and automation move is saved along with your DAW session file.
Works in most standard 500 Series racks
You don't need a _TITAN to use Prometheus; ng500 modules are fully functional in most standard 500 Series racks (contact your Sweetwater Sales Engineer for specifics). Each module features a front-panel USB connection you can connect to your computer for use with its respective companion plug-in for total control over one module at a time. But with the _TITAN ng500 Recall Chassis, you have complete control over all mounted modules.
WesAudio Prometheus Stereo Analog 500 Series EQ with Digital Recall Features:
- Not standalone — requires compatible 500 Series chassis/power supply
- ng500 compatible with full support for WesAudio's _TITAN Recall Chassis
- Passive stereo/dual-mono/mid–side 2-band analog EQ
- 6 touch-sensitive encoders allow for automation of each parameter
- Innovative analog circuit control eliminates glitches and artifacts due to pot movement
- Because knob movement causes no noise, full automation is feasible without side effects
- HF Cut, selectable between 4, 8, 12, and 20kHz
- HF Boost, selectable between 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, and 16kHz; variable Q
- LF Boost/Cut, selectable between 20, 30, 60, 100, 120, and 250Hz
- Post-EQ Output control for enhanced flexibility
- Hardware A/B for easy comparison between two settings
- Proprietary THD (Med/High switchable) lets you add Total Harmonic Distortion to saturate your signal with beautiful analog color
- Flexible DAW/live plug-in control for instant recall
- Stereo plug-in: handles all modes of operation – stereo, dual-mono, and mid–side
- Mono plug-in: two separate instances can connect to same hardware, managing each channel separately
- I/O metering with clip detection
- Plug-in comes in AAX/AAX DSP/VST3/VST2/AU
- +24dBu of headroom
- True bypass