The Lynx Studio Technology Hilo Reference AD/DA Converter System re-engineers and redefines the concept and functionality of the two-channel converter. Essentially three units in one: A/D converter; D/A converter; and headphone amplifier, Hilo offers connectivity, performance and control never before available. Newly designed differential analog stages and bi-linear converter topology provide industry-leading noise and distortion specifications and unprecedented transparency. Digital I/O is extremely versatile with support for AES/EBU, S/PDIF (via coax or optical) or ADAT. The Lynx LT-USB is standard, allowing additional USB I/O and computer connectivity.
Hilo is also the first professional converter with touchscreen operation and monitoring. All controls and signal routing is set up using easy to use menus. The setup page shows two stereo input meters and three stereo output meters. Optional screens show two selectable meter sets and even old-style analog VU meters. Future screens (updatable in the FPGA via download) will include further metering options, diagnostic operations and personalization.
The internal 32 channel mixer allows any input to be routed to any output. In fact there are three stereo analog output options. Line Out that supports eight standard trim settings, Monitor Out with a volume control, and a Headphone output, also with a volume control. In fact the headphone output has its own dedicated D/A converter with the option of a different mix than the Line and Monitor outputs.
- Full-featured, ultra high performance AD/DA converter
- 12 inputs and 16 outputs
- Control and monitoring via 480 x 272 LCD touchscreen
- Three in one pro-level unit: A/D converter; D/A converter; headphone amplifier
- Latest FPGA technology allows future enhancements and ability to use LCD technology for added metering, diagnostic, measurement functions
- Utilizes Lynx Studio Technology’s proprietary SynchroLock™ technology to virtually eliminate jitter
- Analog, AES/EBU, S/PDIF (via coax or TOSLINK), ADAT, USB inputs and outputs
- Ships with LT-USB
- RoHS compliant
- Designed and manufactured in the USA by Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.