PRE-ORDER NOW !!
Delivery in Mid-June 2022
Solid State Logic (SSL) announces THE BUS+, the ultimate and most versatile incarnation of its Bus Compressor ever. The Bus Compressor, which is relied upon by many of the world's top engineers and producers for making their mixes sound bigger and more complete with drive and energy, is perhaps the most significant, single piece of analogue processing equipment that is synonymous with the SSL sound.
THE BUS+ is a new 2U rack unit that builds on the original bedrock design of the Bus Compressor, which first appeared on SSL's 4000 B console in 1976. Remaining faithful to the original circuit design, THE BUS+ features 2181 THAT VCA's in its audio path and offers the classic time constants and compression ratios which have glued records together for over four decades. Analyzing feedback from key-users and looking at modern production workflow, including how the plug-in equivalents are being utilized, several new processing tools and sonic colouration options feature on THE BUS+ including, four modes of operation: Classic Stereo, Σ S/C Stereo, Dual Mono and Mid-Side, and three distinct compression colours: LOW THD, F/B and 4K MODE. New time constant settings, including ‘Auto 2’ and compression ratios are also added to the THE BUS+ to create ‘the compressor package’.
THE BUS+ key features:
- 4 modes of operation - Classic Stereo, Σ S/C Stereo, Dual Mono or Mid-Side.
- The authentic SSL Bus Compressor circuit, including 2181 THAT VCAs for superior analogue performance.
- 100% analogue circuit, controlled digitally using stepped front-panel pots
- Three distinct compression colours: LOW THD Mode, F/B Mode, 4K Mode.
- Negative Ratios - for creative pumping effects and control of particularly loud signals.
- New Attack and Release options, including the new 'Auto 2' setting.
- MIX control for instant parallel compression.
- External side-chain inputs and sends.
- An all-new, powerful 2-band analogue Dynamic EQ (D-EQ).
- Unlockable Transient Expander.