New colours from the masters of analogue
Fusion is an all-analogue 2U stereo outboard processor created for the modern hybrid studio. Fusion introduces six completely new analogue colouration tools designed to bring the perfect combination of added tonal character, weight and space to your mix bus or stereo stems, with the detail, warmth and finesse that only real analogue circuits can provide.
The SSL sonic legacy is built upon a much-emulated collection of analogue audio processing tools that have featured in generations of studio consoles; pristine mic pre’s, classic Channel EQ & Dynamics, the legendary Stereo Bus Compressor, the Listen Mic Compressor, and the unique SSL summing bus. Fusion takes SSL into a new era with the introduction of a suite of new analogue processing tools that offer exceptional tonal character and versatility. Fusion expands the processing palette for hybrid studio owners and is a superb partner for the SSL Stereo Bus Compressor.
Expertly designed for today’s hybrid studio
SSL has also always been known for clever connectivity and features that streamline and accelerate production workflow. Fusion fits right in with a collection of workflow enhancing features including: +/-12dB Input and Output Trim controls, an Input overload LED, large peak-hold metering, a front-end 3rd order High Pass Filter with three selectable cut off frequencies, and tri-colour status indicators for the Vintage Drive and HF Comp/LMC sections. A set of XLR connections can be used either as a Stereo Insert for stereo mix bus processing or switched to function as a Mid-Side (MS) circuit enabling separate compressors or EQ to be applied to the middle (centre) and sides of a stereo signal. In Stereo Insert mode the insert point can be switched to pre-Violet EQ, when in MS mode the insert can be switched to pre-Stereo Image controls. Input and Output connections are via XLR.
The secrets out - Fusion's got 6 analogue colours!
SSL Fusion Vintage Drive
Vintage Drive - is a unique non-linear harmonic enhancement circuit that brings cohesion and strength to your mix. Drive and Density controls interact to produce harmonic saturation and soft compression derived from overloading an analogue circuit. It can be used lightly for subtle thickening saturation or driven hard for more extreme distortion.
SSL Fusion Violet EQ
The Violet EQ
The SSL Violet EQ - an all-new minimum phase-shift, two-band shelving EQ. The first new SSL analogue EQ circuit for more than 25 years draws on the SSL legacy of carefully selected frequencies and response curves to create a musical and intuitive EQ designed to quickly dial in low-end weight and high-end sheen. High and Low frequency circuits each offer four switched frequency points and +/-9dB attenuation.
SSL Fusion HF Compressor
A new High Frequency Compressor delivers the distinctive sound of high frequency rounding in the analogue domain. A compressor that effects high frequencies only, optimised for smooth and transparent harshness reduction and a tape-like high-frequency roll off – great for taming brittle high frequency fizz.
SSL Fusion Full band LMC
Listen Mic Compressor with wet / dry control
To access the hidden 6th LMC processor - hold down the HF Compressor ‘in’ button for 5 seconds and unlock full band LMC mode. X-Over becomes a wet/dry parallel mix control!
SSL Fusion Stereo-Image
A new Stereo Image enhancer provides a true analogue Mid-Side circuit that manipulates the Side signal, allowing for widening and spatial manipulation of the stereo field.
SSL Fusion Transformer
A switched, custom-designed SSL Transformer circuit introduces subtle low-frequency saturation, alongside a high-frequency phase-shift. The result is a simultaneous thickening of the low-end and an added sparkle to the high-end.
Solid State Logic Fusion Features:
- A master processor with 5 new SSL analog color circuits
- Vintage Drive — a unique nonlinear saturation circuit designed to bring that cherished gradual analog overload sound you get from pushing vintage equipment into the sweet spot
- Violet EQ — a 2-band, minimum-phase-shift shelving EQ offering instant low-end weight and gorgeous high-end air; 4 fixed frequency points for each band with ±9dB boost/cut
- HF Compressor — high-frequency compressor optimized for smooth taming of brittle high end
- Stereo Image — a built-in M-S circuit that allows sumptuous sculpting of the side signal for wider mixes with increased depth
- SSL Transformer — a custom SSL design that introduces subtle low-frequency harmonics for added weight, with a touch of added transformer sparkle in the highs
- Access the hidden Listen Mic Compressor processor to add impact and energy to drums, vocals, and guitars
- Onboard Insert Point with Stereo and M-S operation
- 3rd-order HPF (highpass filter) to eliminate unwanted low end
- SuperAnalogue ±12dB center-indented Input and Output Trim controls for optimized gain staging
- Individual Bypass switches for each circuit to compare sounds with each circuit engaged/disengaged
- Master Bypass switch with two modes of operation: complete bypass (Red) and bypass that includes the Input Trim control (White)
- Master LED meter with 3-second peak hold segments switches from output to input metering upon pressing the Bypass switch
- Input clipping O/L LEDs that are triggered at +27dBu
- Balanced XLR I/O throughout for professional studio integration
- Enhanced dot-dash screening around controls for clarity and easy recall
- Adjustable front-panel meter and switch brightness to match the vibe of your studio environment