The SSL UltraViolet Fusion Stereo Equalizer is the first new Solid State Logic analog EQ circuit in more than 25 years. If you are familiar with the sonic flavors of SSL Fusion analog processor then you will be excited to know that you can get the same experience in a much more compact format. The UVEQ take two slots in your 500 Series rack. It draws on SSL's legacy of offering careful selection of frequencies and response curves. Produce a better musical and intuitive EQ with a minimum phase shift designed to quickly dial the sound of your mix.
The UtraViolet Stereo EQ is the ideal partner for the SSL G-COMP Stereo Bus Compressor module. Now, 500 series owners can experience the SSL master bus EQ in their unique custom racks. High and low-frequency circuits each offer ±9 dB attenuation. Over and above the Fusion Violet EQ, the UltraViolet EQ takes features one step further by adding two dedicated mid-bands, with the unique Focus control, for ultimate EQ flexibility.
Focus mode allows the user to "hone in" on problem frequencies or specific frequencies they want to accentuate/attenuate. Press in the "Focus" switch, and it automatically narrows the chosen Q setting further and increases the range of gain available beyond the normal ±9 dB operation. The SSL UltraViolet Fusion Stereo Equalizer offers the SSL flexibility workflow fashion into a more surgical tool.
Solid State Logic UltraViolet EQ Features:
- Packs 4 bands of SSL console-style sound shaping into a 500 Series module
- Fusion-derived high/low shelving bands and 2 fully parametric midbands with ±9dB of gain
- High band gives you a frequency selection of 8kHz, 12kHz, 16kHz, and 20kHz
- Low band gives you a frequency selection of 30Hz, 50Hz, 70Hz, and 90Hz
- High midband ranges from 400Hz–6kHz with a continuously variable Q
- Low midband ranges from 100Hz–1.1kHz with a continuously variable Q
- Highpass filter includes Off, 30Hz, 40Hz, and 50Hz settings
- Focus narrows the corresponding band's Q setting and increases its gain range for surgical sonic sculpting
- ±12dB output trim makes achieving proper gain staging a breeze
- Bypass switch makes A/B comparisons a piece of cake